Wednesday, March 19, 2014

My treasures, pt. 1

Rather than blogging about the weather (*!!##*!), I thought that I would write a little bit about some of the best things that have ever happened to me: my 3 boys (my husband also falls into the "best thing" category as well but I'll save that story for another time).
 
My first son was born in November 2004. I was 34 years old and working on my PhD. at the University of Copenhagen at the time. For the majority of my pregnancy, we were under the assumption that "he" was a "she". At my 20 week ultrasound, the technician looked at the "goods" and thought that the baby was a girl. We decided to call our baby Olivia and progressed through the rest of the pregnancy thinking that we would be having a daughter. Imagine our surprise when, after 26 hours of labour, we became instant parents of a BOY! Needless to say, it took a few days to come up with a boy's name that fit our baby but finally Olivia turned into Alexander.
 
Alexander was a total non sleeping baby. He was very awake, almost from day 2 (we got a break on the first day)! Very social, he has always liked people and action. Although it has now become hard to wake him up, he is still very social and a really good kid. OK... my blog so I am allowed to brag ;)
 
On our way to the hospital (Rigshospitalet). I was not having fun at this point ;)
 
The new father to be
 
Alexander's first picture
 
All cleaned up. 3500 grams and 51cm, born at 38.5 weeks.
 
One day old
 

3 comments:

  1. Wauw what a beautiful little (big) boy and i defiantly can imagine your surprise when at lithe boy arrived instead go a little girl. :-D
    Lovely photos of the parents. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tak Catarina! It was a bit of a shock at the time but, when I think back to it now, I cannot imagine NOT having Alexander as he is :)

      Delete
    2. Also looking back.... we were SO young ;)

      Delete