Saturday, January 6, 2018

The Youtuber made me do it!

My kids get really funny idea sometimes... and I don't mean funny, like in haha... I mean funny, like strange. Yes, some ideas come from their own heads but I find that most of the really odd ones come from things that the boys have learned from Youtube. Seriously... Youtube... ugh!
Sometimes, they pick up things like random facts about how many people live in a given city or how tall a skyscraper is or how to do a magic trick. These ones are kind of annoying (as in they ask me about these random facts when I am trying to do 50 million other things all at the same time) but OK. Others are just strange...
For example, over the past 2 weeks, Oliver has been bugging me about coconuts. He was convinced that he would absolutely love raw coconut.... and he made the coconut water out to be some heaven in a glass. How did he know this? A Youtuber told him that it was the best thing ever so, because Youtubers are always right, Oliver was convinced that he would love it. Considering that this kid can basically live on Goldfish crackers, salami and cheese sticks, I seriously had my doubts.
Flash forward to today. What did I find myself doing? Yups... I was whacking at some coconut that I bought from the grocery store. Oliver was standing by me, eager for the insides that, I presumed, reminded him of some Kinder Egg. Needless to say (and not surprising at all), his first taste of the Magic Coconut Meat was met with a sour looking face and Oliver spitting the mouthful into the sink. After telling me how gross it was, I hoped that he marched into the living room and promptly unsubscribed to the misleading Youtuber. Probably not but I find that Youtuber particularly annoying so I am allowed to wish it ;) Anyway, Oliver is now onto the next thing (ie: how to play Brawlhalla... yes, that is an actual game) and the dream of coconut is a thing of the past ;) I think that I will try to find a Youtube channel that can convince my son that room cleaning is the best thing ever. I will even subscribe to that Youtuber ;)






4 comments:

  1. Wait...there is no toy inside!!!!!! I would bring it back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was hoping for at least a Pina Colada... but- alas- no... I should have returned it ;)

      Delete
  2. Pyha. At være oppe mod en youtuber, sikke en overmagt.

    Det var ikke legetøj, men kokosmælk, den kan jo bruges til thai inspireret ret, måske det var en ide for Oliver. Eller bliver det bare kokosmælken fra dåsen, så du ikke skal stå med oprydningen efterfølgende :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yummmm... Thai food! Good idea :)
      I think that he expected something super sweet tasting. I made a chocolate that had coconut in it for Christmas last year (a recipe from Catarina... Bounty Bar). Maybe he thought it would taste like that ;) xox

      Delete