Monday, May 2, 2016

Selective memory ;)

I have to admit that, over the past 5 or 6 years, my memory has taken a serious trip into the terrible department. I don't know if it is fatigue or age or number of kids or I am at my limit of multi-tasking (Andreas thinks it is chemical) but please don't ask me what I just had for breakfast ;) The other day, I completely blanked out trying to remember Oliver's birthday (was it May 15, 2010 or May 10 or... crap!) and forgetting my children's names is a daily event (hey, you! works too). I like to think that this aspect of my brain function is charming and quirky....by the way, who are you again? The only time where I blow this concept out of the water is when we get together with our close friends, the W family (father W, mother W and their 4 kids: our PEI collaborators), and play our regular wine drinking game called: Name That 1980's Tune.
We never planned this game... it just happened. One day, Andreas showed the W's a music app that played different styles of music. Considering that we all grew up in the 1980's (well... at least the father W and I did.... mother W is younger/more into 1990's music and I guess that there was no music in Sweden because Andreas hasn't heard of anything!), this decade is the natural choice ;) Anyway, it is scary how many one hit wonders I remember. Father W and I get really into it. I almost feel bad for the others.... We get pretty intense, competitive and yell 1980's group names across the table ;) Yes, I actually got Scritti Politti on one occasion ;) Scary! At least, one part of my memory is still working and it IS usually the short term that is the first to go....

Wishing you all a happy Monday xox

PS: this post is dedicated to mother W... because we never let her yell out 1990's tunes ;)



6 comments:

  1. Mother W will be listening to music religiously for the next two months. I'm tired of not getting any songs right! Perhaps it's the wonderful beverages that hinder my recall....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy studying ;) Funny, the beverages may actually help mine ;)

      Delete
  2. Keep blogging sister wife! Your life resonates so well with mine. xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have experience the same, some times I vand remember that a cucumber is called, so I start explaining like this; it's green and long and its free fan watery ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad that I am not the only one! Whew! ;)

      Delete