Sunday, May 29, 2016

Redefining an evening out ;)

When I was in my 20's.... even my early 30's.... going out meant dancing, high heels, make up, staying out until at least 3am, drinking shots and doing absolutely NOTHING the following day- except maybe for a hangover brunch with friends who were in the same sort of useless shape.
Last night, we were with the W family again (yes, the same ones as here) and it got me thinking how much my definition of an evening out has changed: Firstly, it most usually involves kids... lots of them... Secondly, we are usually on our way home by 11pm. Our food, instead of trendy restaurant options, involves some sort of BBQ meat and chips. The only passing out that happens is when Oliver falls asleep on the couch while watching movies. We get most excited when we remember the name of the obscure group/song that is playing on our 1980's flashback music (more of that here). The only boys that get my attention are the little ones who are usually doing something that they shouldn't be. Although father W livens things up with his "boom box"- stellar light show included, we are nowhere near dance club status ;) I think the only dancing that I do is the type that is meant to embarrass the boys in front of their friends ;) AND I, may I add, am pretty good at that ;)

Hope you have a great rest of the weekend xox


The main attraction: lots of little boys making fart sounds on their arms ;)
Laser light show... complete with 1980's music
Mother W makes a mean sangria.... party on! :)




2 comments:

  1. And before you even can say hey, the whole scenario changes again and its just you and your friends around the table. Enjoy the time :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think that I will ever be able to do all night dancing again ;) xox

      Delete