Thursday, May 5, 2016

Homework karma

I admit it: I give homework to my students. Sometimes, it is quite a bit... and, yes, the homework karma is biting me back ;)
My kids get homework... from others... but I am the one who is the target for their frustrations. I always end up saying to them: "I DIDN'T EVEN GIVE THIS TO YOU.... IT IS NOT MY FAULT". Seriously. They act like I am the meanest person in the universe because they have homework. If I ask them about it, I get the dirty looks. I sit with them to help and I end up with the attitude. Heaven forbid that I try to teach them something. "But, mamma, you are not a teacher!" OK... I am not YOUR teacher but, after assigning and correcting homework for 16 years, maybe I have been able to get through to at least one or two students ;) Maybe ;) Maybe I have even made them angry but, you know what, at least I was the person who assigned the homework to them. Maybe, they even get angry with THEIR parents because of the work that I have assigned. Now THAT is homework karma ;)

Wishing you a good rest of the week.... xox




4 comments:

  1. Ha ha, its like a boomerang :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I should do a "no homework" policy? Maybe, that will bommerang too ;)

      Delete
  2. It makes me smile ;-)
    Good weekend! How's your weather?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ageeth! Our weather is much nicer now ;) Thanks! Happy weekend to you xox

      Delete