Sunday, June 7, 2020

Another science geek

When I was about 9 or 10, I wanted a microscope... badly. I was totally obsessed over anything science-y and I dreamed about being able to view what we can't normally see. It also helped that my friend had Sea Monkeys (see here... the advert to buy them was on every 1970s/1980s comic book) and the ad said that you could see them under a microscope. Of course, I needed to do this!!
Anyway, someone in my family (maybe Santa? πŸ˜‰) took pity on me and put a microscope under our tree... Yes, I got to raise brine shrimp and, yes, I got to see them with my microscope. That toy was well used and well loved. Maybe even a contributing factor to my current career πŸ˜‰

Flash forward to Saturday and, in the process of cleaning, I pulled out my old microscope. I was lucky to have it because my grandmother was sentimental and had kept it for me (thank you, Oma, for your hoarding tendencies πŸ˜‰). Oliver was as intrigued as I used to be... even down to the brine shrimp. Although the chances of hatching the the remaining eggs in the box (they are the original ones) are really low, I promised Oliver that we would find some new ones and grow them together. I showed him the slides that I had made many years ago and he was impressed.

Maybe we have another science geek in the family? πŸ˜‰ Feast your eyes on some classic 1970s science πŸ˜‰ xox






Love the 1970s turquoise!

It still has the original Consumer's Distributing label on it! ;)
This was the 1970s Sea Monkeys advert that I found on the net. Flashback!!!

3 comments:

  1. Nice that he can use your old microscope! Love the advert en packages!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like mother like son. I Think that he is Fona flolow onde of you in tour foodsteps. :-D He rely oks like he is enjoying it. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hvor er det dejligt yngste skud pΓ₯ stammen fΓΈlger trop.
    Sejt dit mikroskop er blevet gemt, og det nu igen kan blive taget i brug.

    ReplyDelete