Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Aarhus

I am now on the other side of the "pond" and in Aarhus. I am embarrassed to say that, after having lived in Copenhagen for 4 years, I never left Sjælland (the Danish island where Copenhagen is located) and have only visited Legoland and Lalandia since (our trip is here). Anyway, I am now in Aarhus and sorry that I never came here before. It is a charming small-ish city that has a ton of character and history... and the beautiful water views aren't too terrible either ;)

Last night, after arriving, I had dinner with the lovely Catarina and Karin, who I met in blog land :) I met up with Catarina in Legoland/Lalandia (same trip as above) but I never met Karin in person before. Actually, after knowing each other for about 10 years as bloggers, Catarina and Karin never met face to face either. Funny thing is that I felt like I always knew them and that they are old friends!

Today, my host here took me to the downtown core. She showed me around and treated me to a fabulous traditional lunch that consisted of Smørrebrød and Carlsberg beer. It was fantastic! After around 4 hours of walking around, I headed back to my hotel to write this and get ready for a conference dinner tonight.

After a busy conference schedule tomorrow,  I will head to Copenhagen on Friday for some work and not-work "meetings" ;) Warning: photo spam ahead ;)


Have a great rest of the day xox

































4 comments:

  1. Thanks for a lovely evening Tuesday. Despite we never having met face to face, it was exactly what you describe. I'm already looking forward to next time you come to Scandinavia.
    Aarhus is a fantastic city. It is nice you got a trip around in Aarhus. If I were to live in a "big city" then I would choose Aarhus. My mother grew up in Aarhus and I have lived there myself for a couple of years. It was near Aros.
    A holiday tip could be to experience Fyn and Jylland. It is completely different from Sjælland. There is a good story, among other things the nature, the change at the Jylland ridge, the North Sea/Vesterhavet, Skagerak, Katagat. The botany of the North Sea/Vesterhavet, where you taste the salt from the sea, and it can be seen in nature, the more you move to the east, you see a completely different nature.
    Wish luck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so lovely to meet you... and meet Aarhus! Looking forward to the next time <3

      Delete
  2. We had such a lovely evening, just a shame that its only taking place with years apart. Århus is a rely lovely city and especially around the forest and water. Have a awesome time in Copenhagen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much... so great to see you again! Tak for sidst xox

      Delete