Sunday, October 11, 2015

Growing up

Friday morning, Alexander asked if he could go to get his hair cut. He had decided that it was getting too long and wanted to do something about it. So, in a very logical way, he explained the situation to me and asked for help.

It sounds like not much of a big deal, right? For me, though, it was one of many steps in Alexander growing up. He has a definite character, sense of humour, sense of priorities, sense of fun, sense of himself that might just differ from mine.... and that is fine. Alexander will be turning 11 in a few weeks. He is in his last year of elementary school. He is on the verge of puberty. He is on the edge of becoming a man. Sometimes I can still see the baby that he once was... but lately, that image is less clear. In turn, though, I am enjoying the person that he is developing into. The one that I am very proud of....

In a way, because he is my first born, I feel that we are on a bit of an adventure together. He was my early experiences as a parent- the ones that are the most intense. Alexander welcomed 2 brothers into the family, and lived the change in our dynamics from a family of 3 to 5... and, thankfully, survived relatively unscathed ;) Don't get me wrong: I love my 3 boys equally but there is a special place in a mother's heart for her first.

Happy growing up, buddy xox

Before the haircut

The "after" shot ;)

Just, because, sometimes I like to remember :)



4 comments:

  1. I rely understand your feeling, though I only have a "reale" one on my own. And your Alexander is a speciel person, who embreace all the changes he experience in and with his family. :-)
    I love his hair, by the way and he looks even older than before, I think is is gonna crush a lot og girls hearts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have the special son who is both the first and last at the same time ;) I am waiting for the girls to call but he says that he prefers sports ;) Wonder how long that will last ;)

      Delete
  2. The one who made you a mother is so special <3

    ReplyDelete