Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Merry Christmas postcards from Montreal pt. 1


Merry pre-Christmas 😉 

Today, I decided to go downtown to take a walk. I haven't felt too Christmassy (is that a word?) yet so I thought it would be a good idea to pick up some festive vibes from the city. I have to say that covid times have hit the downtown area pretty hard (at least, McGill Ghetto and the Plateau). It was really quiet and so many stores/restaurants have shut their doors. I haven't gone downtown since the summer and there was, even in the past few months, a noticeable difference. On the more Christmassy side of things, I did notice that people were really friendly and smiling much more than usual. It was almost like everyone else that I saw were also trying to put some festive vibe out there as well. 

My highlight was going into Eva B (see here). This used to be my favourite vintage shop when I was in high school (yes, it has been around THAT long) and it is still really cool and going strong. The first 3 pictures that I posted below are from there. While I was there, I bought a pair of cool old Adidas pants for $10... not that I needed them but how could I turn down such a find!!!

I walked up St Laurent to Mt Royal to St Denis, down Duluth and back to St Laurent. The snow started just as I was getting back to the car.... and maybe some holiday vibe started to creep in 😉

This is part 1 of my Merry Christmas postcard scam for you all xox






















 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the postcards and what a lovely shop - I could spend hours there. I need to come to Canada :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tak for de glimt/postkort dit øje/din sjæl mødte på din vej.

    ReplyDelete