Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Sucker!

I am a sucker... and I am fully aware of it. I am the type of person who, no matter how much I don't feel like volunteering or taking care of something, always ends up with it on their plate. You know the kind? The one who tries not to make eye contact with the person asking for help, yet always seems to make eye contact? The person who can see red flags coming 500 miles away, yet ends up doing it anyway? The one who loudly tells everyone that they will never do it again, yet does it anyway? The one who thinks to themselves "What a dumb project!", yet finds themselves in charge of it. Well, that is me. Sucker... su-cker! All of my friends are either just like me (you know who you are!)... or spend most of their time laughing at me (you also know who you are!). The thing is that I don't need thanks for it, nor do I need to feel needed... I am just a sucker ;) Plain and simple!

So, in honour of the fact that I just spent most of the day doing something that I really could have felt better NOT doing (and no- it was not laundry), I will now sit on my front porch and have a coffee... and let go of my sucker-dom for a little while ;) Ha!

Wishing you all a great rest of your day... being sucker free, I hope ;) xox



Yups... that says it all about me ;)

6 comments:

  1. There needs to be more people like you. Generous. xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you... you definitely get my point xox

      Delete
  2. Mindes forældremøderne. Der skal vælges nye medlemmer til bestyrelsen, og spørgsmålet hvem ønsker at stille op. Den pinlige tavshed der opstod, den larmede så meget at jeg bare måtte melde mig, det samme når der manglede hjælp til arrangementer etc.
    Jeg er blevet bedre til at sige fra. Det kom jo samtidig med børnene fløj fra reden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping that is it! ;) Most of these sucker jobs are because of the kids! ;) xox

      Delete
  3. Ha ha ha, know the feeling. Luckily I have grown a bit from it and that is rely SOOO nice :-D

    ReplyDelete