Friday, February 26, 2021

The family wall

I am sure that most families have a wall. You know the kind, the one that has the kids' heights on it. The one that looks messy but I would be sad to leave it behind if we ever move. The pencil marks have long since faded and smudged but I can still see, from 2013 to now, how the boys grew over the years. The first one from Oliver is just above my knee height. There are marks from Alexander and Nicklas that prove that, at one point, I was actually taller than them. I can also see where they clearly started to look down at me. Also precious are the scribble drawings that Oliver contributed when he was bored of waiting for his turn to get measured... 

We still add to this family wall. This is where Alexander is now bypassing Andreas in height. This is where Nicklas keeps comparing himself to where Alexander was at his age. This is where Oliver will most likely bypass me in height in the next few years. This is where I do not wash the wall. This is where I appreciate the pencil marks.

Wishing you all a happy weekend xox








Yes, I feel short ;) 

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely wall - and memories :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bet you had something like that as well with all your boys! xox

      Delete