Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Snow day

Today is a snow day. I am going to be honest but I was a little surprised.. the kids have trudged to school in worse conditions than these. Sure, it is snowy... and windy... and gross but, heck, we are Canadian so, apparently, we have to like this crappy weather 😉 I like to think of this snow day as a belated Valentine's present... yes, for the kids, but mostly for the parents! This morning, I had a precious half hour more of quiet-coffee-time-without-boys-asking-for-breakfast-or-where-the-milk-is. I was also greeted by much happier teenagers when they realized that it was 10am when I woke them up and they didn't have to go to school. I didn't have to make lunches. I didn't have to rush kids out the door. I didn't have to nag (at least not this morning...yet...). Happy belated Valentine's Day to me! 

Happy Tuesday aka Snow Day! xox





2 comments:

  1. I miss my hours alone at home! A week ago we had (a lot of) snow and ice in the Netherlands and now it is suddenly spring with 15 degrees.
    I hope you're fine, but I think you are! We learn to live with limitations and get our happiness out of everything, even if it takes more or other effort. XxX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am jealous of your 15 degrees!

      We're doing well- we are blessed. I hope that you and your family are all healthy and well. I would love to come and see you again in person one day soon!!! xox

      Delete