Saturday, March 28, 2020

Oliver's art gala

Oliver has a teacher who is really into art. I guess she struck a chord with him because he is now determined to be an artist. Even before school closed for the boys, I had promised to buy him an art set for his birthday in May. On one of the last days before the non-essential stores shut, I figured it was probably the best time to pick up a bunch of art supplies as an early present (aka something-to-do-while-school-is-out and a-way-to-preserve-my-sanity-at-the-same-time). Let me tell you, he has become a machine at painting.
Last night, he told me that he wanted my help so that he can put together an art gala. His school has one every year to fund raise for the Home and School so I guess that he figured it would be a good idea (full disclose: I said no to buying him some stupid skin for Fortnite. Guess this is what he wanted to raise money for πŸ˜‰). Anyway, today we put together his art gala. Oliver arranged all his canvases in the hang out space under his top bunk bed. He even put up Christmas lights to make it more art-looking (he takes it very seriously πŸ˜‰). He raised $14 dollars by charging $2 entrance... his grandparents in Sweden got a discount because it was by Skype... only $1 for them πŸ˜‰. Fund raising for stupid Fortnite skin successful πŸ˜‰. At this point, I don't even mind so much. He put in a lot of effort and did a good job at setting up his gala. Maybe he can even set up an art gala for our retirement fund raiser because Andreas wants to buy a boat πŸ˜‰or, more realistically, to cover our "teenage boys snacking at home because they are bored" grocery costs πŸ˜‰

Here are some pictures of his art gala... without entrance fee... lucky folks πŸ˜‰

Happy Saturday xox



The sea/sky canvas isn't by Oliver... he put it there to support other artists ;) 











Oliver's artist look









4 comments:

  1. πŸ’œ it. When I said no, Rhys went and asked his dad. No art gala for us

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I just needed him to do something so I gave in ;)

      Delete
  2. Wow! so inspiring. You made my heart smile Oliver and I know how creative you can be.
    Bravo! Mme Power xox

    ReplyDelete