Friday, August 30, 2019

First day of school, part 1

Today is the first day of school for Oliver and Nicklas. Oliver is now in grade 4 and, for Nicklas, it is the first day of high school! Unfortunately, it was absolutely pouring out so all of the usual rituals- both at home and at school- were scrapped in order to avoid a soggy start to the year ;) Especially at elementary school, all the kids usually line up in their previous grade lines and their new teachers will come out with a list of their students and bring their students into their new classroom. This year, the kids just ran into the school, trying to keep their new supplies dry ;) With Nicklas, I drove him to his new school but just dropped him off in the herd of other parents doing the same thing. Clutching his new lock and combination, as well as his schedule, I am sure that he regretted the move to high school. I am also sure that this feeling will change by the end of the day ;) Alexander starts on Tuesday so, at least next week, Nicklas will have a relatively friendly (?) face around.

I have absolutely no idea where the summer went to. Andreas has been in Denmark for work (coming home tomorrow) so the last 2 weeks seem like a blur of driving to football, buying groceries, trying to get organized for school, getting all the last minute doctor appointments in and trying to get my own work done. I suddenly went from getting the boys ready each morning for swimming lessons to making lunches for school... argh! What happened?

Anyway, the routine is coming back and the evenings are starting to get darker and cooler. I like the return to autumn... as long as I forget all about winter. I remind the boys that the start of each school year is fun, exciting and a new page (yes, I get dirty looks and eye rolls when I say that).

Happy first day of school (part 1)!!! Wishing you all a great year ahead xox


First day of school

First day of grade 4

First day of high school (grade 7)

1 comment:

  1. Nice when everyday again kicks off.
    Here in Denmark started school holidays Friday, June 28, and the new school year kicked off Monday, August 12.
    Being a Greek is tough. 😉

    ReplyDelete