Friday, February 7, 2020

Snow Day

Yesterday evening, the boys must have asked me every 15 minutes whether there would be a Snow Day. The weather channel was forecasting about 40-55 cm of snow but, heck, they have been wrong (and really wrong) before. Anyway, just before sending them to bed, we got the long awaited email from their school board: SNOW DAY! This is really a call for celebration because we don't seem to get a lot of Snow Days anymore. We have lots of ice days or generally overall crappy weather days that don't result in days off school but not so many real Snow Days so the boys went to bed happy. So did I because I was intending on working from home anyway and a Snow Day means no having to get up so early... no making lunches... no morning nagging... ahhhhh!

I remember Snow Days when I was growing up. We didn't have the internet and Facebook (heck, I don't even think that Mark Zuckerberg was our of diapers yet!) so, when I heard my mother turn on the radio in the morning, we always said a little prayer to the Snow Day gods. We listened, hopeful, for our school board to be one of the lucky ones that would be closed that day. It was absolute magic when we learned that our prayers were answered! The best days!!!

Today, I am sitting here with 3 happy boys (and, no, I was not allowed to take any pictures of them), thankful that we can just enjoy each other's company (well.. at least that is how I feel) and watch the snow come down... You have to love a good Snow Day! On top of it, a Friday one :) Can't get any better...

Enjoy your Friday... especially if you also have a Snow Day! xox





No comments:

Post a Comment