Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Good intentions :)

Yesterday, Oliver came to work with me. He had not been feeling well on Sunday and Monday so I figured it would be best to have him with me for a "make sure that he is OK day" rather than getting called by his school just before I head into class ;) Anyway, we ended up finding parking about a 10 minute walk from work so I gave him my gloves to wear.
Flash forward to this morning: I asked him if he still needed my gloves (he was getting ready to go to school). He said no because he had his good, warm ones. Great! I get my gloves back and put them by my coat. I keep getting ready to leave.
I always end up being the last to leave the house because I turn off lights/check the stove (I am OCD) and make sure nothing has been left behind. Andreas and Oliver wait for me outside. Anyway, this morning, I can't find my gloves so I look to see if Oliver put them somewhere else. Can't find them. I look in the glove drawer for my extra ones. Can't find them either despite having bought about 10 of those little black ones last week... and another 10 over the holidays. I check the clock. We have to leave so I give up. I get into the car and wonder aloud about my missing gloves... ALL OF THEM. Strange! Andreas laughs. Oliver tells me he took them for his friend because this kid always forgets his gloves. I almost felt guilty taking back my gloves because Oliver had such good intentions. Sorry, Oliver's friend, MY gloves! I also have a sneaking suspicion that kid has a collection of my little black gloves at home ;)


Oliver visiting me at work

1 comment: